NO MORE LAME TEAM BUILDING EVENTS – GET YOUR BOSS TO READ THIS!
The time of year is here when we all get together for that festive team night out.
It’s the perfect time, whilst your boss is in a good mood and perhaps had a few Christmas
drinks to suggest an amazing team
building activity for next year.
A team building activity should be a great, fun way to improve dynamics among company employees and boost morale. But they don’t always have the best reputation and collective groans can fill the air when mentioned. The thought of spending a day in a meeting room, carrying out boring role play activities and childish ice breakers with Tracey from HR just doesn’t do anything to make us feel connected or valued.
Our 5 top tips for a successful team building activity are;
1. Get OUT of the office. This takes people away from the day-to-day stresses so they can get to know each other on a personal level. It’s more relaxing making it easier to bond.
2. Make sure it is suitable for EVERYONE. Take into account the teams’ physical capabilities, age and interests.
3. It has to be FUN – Nothing brings a team closer than creating happy memories. Build camaraderie and trust within the group. When people don’t have trust they hold back, thus sometimes limiting their abilities to be at their best in the work place.
4. Encourage CREATIVITY – Although away from the office, the brain still needs to be stimulated and a great way to do this is for the team to be creative in an interesting, alternative way.
5. Include PROBLEM-SOLVING activities - Team building activities that require co-workers to work together to solve problems can improve the ability to think rationally and strategically.
A Mini Adventure is a perfect team building activity. An epic adventure where teams solve puzzles and clues, complete fun challenges, and explore historic landmarks. A Mini Adventure is great fun and suitable for everyone.