Are you looking for a fun day out with the kids or with friends and family that have come to visit? This may be your first visit to Bad Radkersburg or you have been before and want to get to know it better. Our self-guided Mini Adventure is the perfect way to get acquainted with this quaint little Austrian spa town, at your own pace and in your own time.
Once a medieval trading town, Bad Radkersburg is now a luxury spa town. Bursting with history, the well-preserved old town centre has a Mediterranean feel. A strict historical protection policy saw it win the European Gold Medal for the protection and care of historical sites in 1978. 40 years on from winning this medal and you will not see a plastic window or modern outdoor blinds.
The circular walls of the town are also still in excellent condition bearing in mind they were last modernised in the 16th century by Italian master builders!
This Mini Adventure leads you through the medieval town centre and includes sights such as the Main Square, the circular walls and the baroque Frauen Church which is situated in a charming square with low houses and mighty trees. Walk beside the powerful Mur River and see the drill site where, in the 1970's, they found the spring which gives the town it's thermal waters. There's even a playground for a break from adventuring, should you need it.
Your Quest will be to help the towns people of Bad Radkersburg avoid the repetition of demonic incident that happened at the drill site many years ago.
Follow the map solving clues - some are sneaky, some not so much. The clues are set on buildings, monuments and permanent features, solving them will reveal the location of the relic you have been tasked to find on your daring adventure. Become one of the Seeker characters included in the pack and that feature on the free collectable badges which are included.
We have also included special challenges to complete along the way so the fun lasts even longer!
And at the end of the Mini Adventure you will have found the answer to your quest and be able to decode the exclusive 'mini padlock' included in your pack, loaded with lucky Seeker Charms.
With a variety of options, we've included an Easier English version. This has been set up for foreign speakers of English and for students of English, at a Beginner - Intermediate level. (A2-B1 level).
Make your day out even more amazing by purchasing the personalised option. See the Personalise a Mini Adventure section for more information.
Bad Radkersburg - Spring Magic
- This walking Mini Adventure is approximately 3km long and depending on your pace, takes around 2.5 hours to complete
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchair users. This Mini Adventure features a wheelchair lift on the stairs leading from the Catholic Church to clues 12 and 13. The lift can only be used with a key. However these clues are easily accessible by taking another route, going back down Langasse and heading for clues 14 and 15.
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for all ages from 4 to 84
- One Mini Adventure map will be enough for 6 people
- Free answer sheet included - sealed, so it's not too easy to cheat but accessible if you get stuck
- There are free certificates for each Mini Adventure available on submission of the answer to the quest. Alternatively, order an extra special Mini Adventurer Certificate at the time of choosing your Mini Adventure and have an awesome personalised certificate sent to you in the post from the Master of Seekers himself!