Are you looking for a fun day out with the kids or with friends and family that have come to visit? It may be your first visit to Ptuj or you have been before and want to get to know the town better. Our self-guided Mini Adventure is the perfect way to get acquainted with Ptuj at your own pace and in your own time.
Known as the oldest town in Slovenia and in terms of importance in history, equals the capital, Ljubljana. Ptuj has a small medieval centre packed with churches, museums, and monasteries. It is also home to an impressive castle sitting on a 300m hill looking down on the town and the Drava River.
This exciting Mini Adventure leads you through the medieval town centre and includes sights such as the impressive Dominican Monastery, the City Tower and the magnificent Orpheus Monument which was used for public punishment in the middle ages.
Your quest will be to help the half god Kurent, who has lost his memory. He usually announces the end of winter and the beginning of spring and fears are growing that spring may never come again in Ptuj without Kurent's memory being found. Become one of the Seeker characters presented in the pack and featured on the free collectable badges which are included. Follow the map solving clues - some are sneaky, some not so much. The clues are set on buildings, monuments and permanent features, solving them will reveal the location of the relic you have been tasked to find on your daringl adventure.
We've also included special challenges to complete along the way so the fun lasts even longer!
And at the end of the Mini Adventure you will have found the answer to your quest and be able to decode the exclusive 'mini padlock' included in your pack, loaded with lucky Seeker Charms.
We offer a variety of language options, including an Easier English version which has been set up for foreign speakers of English and for students of English, at a Beginner-Intermediate level (A2-B1 level).
Make your day even more amazing by purchasing the personalised option. See the Personalise a Mini Adventure section for more information.
Ptuj -Kurent's Mystery
- This walking Mini Adventure is approximately 2.5km long and depending on your pace, takes around 2 hours to complete
- This Mini Adventure is not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs due to the number of steps
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for all ages from 4 to 84
- One Mini Adventure map will be enough for 6 people
- Free answer sheet included - sealed, so it's not too easy to cheat but accessible if you get stuck
- There are free certificates for each Mini Adventure available on submission of the answer to the quest. Alternatively, order an extra special Mini Adventurer Certificate at the time of choosing your Mini Adventure and have an awesome personalised certificate sent to you in the post from the Master of Seekers himself!