Are you looking for a fun day out with the kids or with friends and family that have come to visit? Perhaps you have a break planned and want to do something a bit unusual. This may be your first visit to Budapest, or perhaps you have been before and want to discover the city from a different perspective. Our self-guided Mini Adventure is the perfect way to get acquainted with this bustling metropolis, at your own pace and in your own time.
Budapest, the capital city of Hungary, is simply bursting at the seams with history. It was named the 2nd Best City in the World by Conde Nast Traveller, an award richly deserved. Around every corner you turn you will find a reminder of the past, especially in the Castle District, where our exciting Mini Adventure is set.
The Quest to find Dracula's Power will take you through the oldest area of Budapest - Buda, the Castle District. This area is classified as an UNESCO World Heritage Site and gives you amazing views of the Danube River, from the almost fairy tale like Fisherman's Bastion, across to the iconic Parliament Building and Chain Bridge. After exploring the Fisherman's Bastion area wander to Matthias Church with it's distinctive tiled roof, amble along the cobbled streets, past the location of Dracula's prison. Wonder at Sándor Palace and maybe even catch the changing of the guards. Stroll around Buda Palace and down to the tranquil Castle Garden Bazaar. Follow the Danube taking in Chain Bridge and the Castle Hill funicular which dates from 1870. At the time it was built it was only the second funicular in Europe!
Follow the map solving clues - some are sneaky, some not so much. The clues are set on buildings, monuments and permanent features, solving them will reveal the location of the relic you have been tasked to find on your daring adventure. Become one of the Seeker characters inlcuded in the pack and that feature on the free collectable badges which are included. And at the end of the Mini Adventure you will have found the answer to your quest and be able to decode the exclusive 'mini padlock' included in your pack, loaded with lucky Seeker Charms.
We have also set special challenges to complete along the way so the fun lasts even longer!
We have a variety of language options including our Easier English version which has been set up for foreign speakers of English and for students of English, at a Beginner-Intermeiate level (A2-B1 level).
Make your day out even more amazing by purchasing the personalised option. See the Personalise a Mini Adventure section for more information.
Budapest Castle District - The Hunt for Dracula's Power
- This walking Mini Adventure is approximately 4km long and, depending on your pace, takes around 3 hours to complete
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for light pushchairs only
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for all ages from 4 to 84
- One Mini Adventure map will be enough for 6 people
- Free answer sheet included - sealed, so it's not too easy to cheat but accessible if you get stuck
- There are free Certificates for each Mini Adventure available on submission of the answer to the quest. Alternatively, order an extra special Mini Adventurer Certificate at the time of choosing your Mini Adventure and have an awesome personalised certificate sent to you in the post from the Master of Seekers himself!