Kamnik - The Disenchantment of Countess Veronika
Kamnik, a medieval town is rich in history and tradition. It is surrounded by the Kamnik-Savinja Alps, so breath-taking views of the mountains are never too far away. It is from the top of Mali grad hill found in the centre of the town and nicknamed the "Balcony of Kamnik", that you will encounter the most impressive vistas. It is here also that a unique two-storey Romanesque chapel stands, one of the most important in Slovenia. It is all that remains of a 11th century castle complex that once stood here, where counts of Bavaria had their seat. The legend of Countess Veronika, who features heavily in the mission in Kamnik, is linked to this site also and you will see her depicted in Kamnik's coat of arms as you explore the town.
PERSONALISE A MINI ADVENTURE
READ MORE ABOUT OUR KAMNIK MINI ADVENTURE
- This walking Mini Adventure is approximately 3km long and depending on your pace, takes around 2.5 hours to complete.
- This Mini Adventure is not suitable for pushchairs and wheelchair users.
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for all ages from 5 to 85.
- One Mini Adventure map will be enough for 6 people.
- Free answer sheet included - sealed, so it's not too easy to cheat but accessible if you get stuck.
- Choose to reward your little explorers with a special memento of the day. A Mini Adventurer Certificate signed by the Master of Seekers himself can be sent too. At the time of choosing your Mini Adventure, just pop a certificate in the basket along with your other items.