Trbovlje - Future Proofing Trbovlje
Are you looking for a fun day out with the kids or with visiting friends? Perhaps you want to spend quality time with your favourite people out in the fresh air whilst soaking up a bit of culture and experiencing adventure first-hand! Whether it's your first visit to Trbovlje, or you have been before and want to discover it from a different perspective, our self-guided Mini Adventure is the perfect way to get to know this interesting town, at your own pace and in your own time.
Trbovlje is most well known for its historical industrial past. It was the discovery of coal in the early 19th century that paved the way for the town's prosperity. The railway being built in 1849 from Celje past Trbovlje to Ljubljana and the formation of the Trbovlje Coal Mining company all made its peasant image fade and transformed the town into a rich mining and industrial centre.
This industrial history is firmly embraced by the town and reminders of this former age can be witnessed as you wander around the town on this Mini Adventure. Hunting for clues where not only commemorations of former times can be seen but also of a thriving present deep-seated in technology and new media. The town is a centre for innovation and holds many annual events where IT, robotics, bio-mechanics and virtual reality are at the forefront. They actively promote the relationship between art, technology and society.
Trbovlje is a cultural town too, with many famous citizens. Singers, poets, musicians, and even a famous actress along with sculptor Marija Pregelj all hail from the town. The façade of the Cultural centre of Trbovlje is adorned with a mosaic by this sculptor. She received the Prešeren Award in 1958, the highest state award for achievements in culture.
PERSONALISE A MINI ADVENTURE
READ MORE ABOUT TRBOVLJE MINI ADVENTURE
- This walking Mini Adventure is approximately 3 km long and depending on your pace takes up to 3 hours to complete.
- This Mini Adventure is not suitable for wheelchairs. There are some steps to navigate so light pushchairs can be used if you are feeling fit!
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for all ages from 5 to 85.
- One Mini Adventure map will be enough for 6 people.
- Free answer sheet included - sealed, so it's not too easy to cheat but accessible if you get stuck.
- Choose to reward your little explorers with a special memento of the day. A Mini Adventurer Certificate signed by the Master of Seekers himself can be sent too. When choosing your Mini Adventure, just pop a certificate in the basket along with your other items.