Varaždin Personalised - The Story of the Stone Bear
Our self-guided Mini Adventure is the perfect way to get acquainted, at your own pace and in your own time, with this relatively undiscovered Croatian city that was once the capital.
Varaždin has one of the best collections of intact Baroque buildings in Europe which has earnt it the nickname of Croatia's 'little Vienna'. Even more amazing is that a fire destroyed much of the city in 1776! As the capital of Croatia for twenty years (1756-1776) religious orders, noble families and wealthy tradesmen brought in the best architects and painters in the country to build palaces and mansions. The fire resulted in the capital being moved back to Zagreb but some of what awaits to be discovered hark back to the days when it was a place of national importance.
HOW TO PERSONALISE A MINI ADVENTURE
READ MORE ABOUT OUR VARAŽDIN MINI ADVENTURE
- This walking Mini Adventure is approximately 3km long and depending on your pace, takes around 2.5 hours to complete.
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for pushchairs but not wheelchairs.
- This Mini Adventure is suitable for all ages from 5 to 85.
- One Mini Adventure map will be enough for 6 people.
- Free answer sheet included - sealed, so it's not too easy to cheat but accessible if you get stuck.
- Choose to reward your little explorers with a special memento of the day. A Mini Adventurer Certificate signed by the Master of Seekers himself can be sent too. At the time of choosing your Mini Adventure, just pop a certificate in the basket along with your other items.